Hello SAAMFT Members! Don't forget that today is the last day to submit your nominations for our 2017 SAAMFT Executive Council. Please submit your nominations to Betsabé at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the candidate.
Please consider volunteering or nominating someone for one of the ofﬁces or committees. Beneﬁts include helping shape the direction of the association, a brand new title for your resume, and the accolades of your colleagues. The descriptions from our bylaws for each office are listed below. SAAMFT members will vote at the luncheon on Dec. 2nd!Open offices/committees include President-Elect,Treasurer, Recorder, Secretary, Website and University Committees but you can volunteer for other positions as well.
The President shall
• Preside over all meetings of the Chapter, as well as meetings of the Board of Ofﬁcers
• Appoint, in consultation with the Board of Ofﬁcers, those committees herein named and such other committees as needed to serve the purposes of the Chapter
• Appoint, in consultation with the Board of Ofﬁcers, individuals to fulﬁll the term of ofﬁce for vacated board positions
• Assume primary responsibility for the planning, or delegation of the planning, of all Chapter activities, including issuing invitations and conﬁrming presenters, providing details in a timely manner to the Secretary to disseminate to members and subscribers, and securing a meeting location
• Provide oversight and support to Treasurer in the management of the Chapter’s ﬁnances
• Provide support and oversight for Chapter Committees
• Submit in writing a report of the activities of the Chapter to the State Board of Trustees and to the State President on the day on which the ofﬁce of the President is relinquished.
Current President – Betsabé Rubio
President-Elect -Marcela Polanco
The President- Elect shall-
• In the absence of the President, perform the duties of the President
• Perform the duties assigned by the President
• Facilitate the election of new ofﬁcers each December, including actively soliciting nominations for ofﬁcers and committee chairs throughout the year
• Plan, in consultation with the Board of Ofﬁcers, special meetings of the Association, including inviting and securing presenters, providing details to the Secretary in a timely manner to disseminate to members, and securing a meeting location.
Current President- Elect – Marcela Polanco
Current Nominations Ryan Gano________________________
The Recorder shall-
• Keep minutes of Board meetings and Chapter meetings and disseminate copies to the Board Ofﬁcers.
• Maintain the SAAMFT archive of meeting minutes to facilitate ongoing productivity and efﬁciency of the Board.
Current Recorder–Amanda Collins
Current Nominations-Amanda Collins_________________________
The Secretary shall
• Maintain and update list of active members and subscribers from Membership Chair
• Coordinate with Treasurer to conﬁrm payments of membership dues and subscriber fees
• Prepare all documents and forms needed for regular and special chapter meetings (e.g., copies of presenter handouts, Speaker Evaluations, CEU certiﬁcates)
• Collect, organize, and oversee the maintenance of all records required for compliance with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists to maintain the chapter’s status as an approved provider of Continued Education credits.
The Treasurer shall
• Collect and deposit the dues and fees paid by members and subscribers
• Keep a record of the accounts, expenses, and disbursements of the Chapter
• Maintain the depository accounts of the Chapter
• Regularly report to the membership regarding the ﬁnancial holdings and activities of the Chapter
• Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, any ﬁnancial reports required for tax purposes
• Submit an annual ﬁnancial report to the TAMFT Board of Trustees on the day the ofﬁce of Treasurer is relinquished.
Current Treasurer- Ryan Gano
Committee members are not elected but appointed by the board. Therefore, we do not need formal nominations. However, please indicate which committees are of interest to you by adding your name next to the current member(s) name.
The Membership Committee shall promote membership in the Chapter and attendance of Chapter events. The Chair of the Membership Committee shall assist the Secretary in maintaining an accurate and up-to-date list of all members and subscribers, as well as a contact list of potential members and subscribers to receive information electronically from the Chapter regarding activities and opportunities.
Current Members- Brandi Cuevas
NOMINATIONS: Brandi Cuevas ____________________
The Website Committee shall collaborate with the SAAMFT Board of Ofﬁcers to promote SAAMFT and its members through the Chapter’s website and online activities. The Chair of the Website Committee shall ensure that the Chapter’s website is maintained and updated, and ensure that necessary payments are made to maintain an active, professional, and functional website.
Current Members- Joan Biever
The Hospitality Committee shall plan and prepare refreshments for regular Chapter meetings, and collaborate with the SAAMFT Ofﬁcers to plan and prepare for special events sponsored by the chapter. The Chair of the Hospitality Committee shall conﬁrm arrangements for refreshments to the President prior to each Chapter event.
Current Members- Maria Zeitz
NOMINATIONS: Maria Zeitz_____________________
The Program Planning Committee shall plan and coordinate programs for the Chapter meetings, special seminars and workshops, small study or support groups, and any other continued education events. The Chair of the Program Planning Committee shall attend each Board of Ofﬁcers meeting to consult and assist in program planning, and prepare with the Committee members suggestions of topics and available speakers for regular meetings of the Chapter.
Current Members- Molly O’Phelan
NOMINATIONS: Molly O'Phelan,______________
The University Committee shall facilitate involvement and membership of local students in Chapter activities. The Chair of the University Committee shall ensure that information is provided to local faculty members in a timely manner to ensure that students are informed of regular and special meetings of the Chapter.
Current Members- Jason Northrup
NOMINATION: Deisy Ceja_________________________